Job no: 508100
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: External Vacancy
Categories: General Operations
- Immediate start in a healthcare organisation based in Macquarie University (North Ryde) on a casual basis
- Access to the full salary packaging benefit with Maxxia to maximise your take home pay
- Be part of a University owned, innovative academically integrated healthcare organisation where professional development, ongoing education and career progression are supported and encouraged.
We are currently seeking dynamic and efficient individuals to assist the Hotel Services team for casual shifts to deliver outstanding service to clients, staff and visitors as a catering assistant. You will be required to work to job specifications, meet quality standards, can communicate clearly and be versatile in all facets of preparing food and cook for our stakeholders.
Macquarie University Hospital as part of MQ Health, is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney and conveniently placed within walking distance of the new Macquarie University underground train station, this 183-bed hospital combines state-of-the-art facilities with world’s best clinical practice.
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working condition
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- Ability to maintain service delivery in a timely manner
- Experience in preparing food in an appealing and hospitable manner
- Reliable and detail oriented in order to meet the dietary needs of patients and escalate these needs within the team as required
- Ability to uphold work practice according to existing policies, procedures and standards
- Maintains competencies and takes initiative (e.g. Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement projects)
- Sound knowledge in technology usage and ability to action requests adequately in MQ Health’s IT systems.
For further information regarding this position, please click here to view the position description.
Note: This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with MQ Health’s health requirements and requires a current and valid Working with Children Check Clearance for NSW. You may also have to satisfy MQ Health that you meet all background checks (including criminal record and qualification checks).
MQ Health is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at MQ Health.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Print application form Apply now